Saturday, September 3, 2011

Long as I can see the light 9-03-2011

   What used to be written on Red Bubble, until the last straw was tossed onto my back:
"A sample of an art piece. I will sell one print of the better quality, non-watermarked version, on my blog Buy My Artwork at blogspot.com. No point in posting it here, otherwise, since no one even looks at or comments on my work most of the time.For those few who do care to know, it is a painting of Marilyn Monroe and it was going to be called “Everything is rosy” because she was in the spotlight and the glow was rosy, but, there was a song that came on, by CCR, ‘Long as I can see the light’ and I decided that would be an even better title, since, those who rumor she killed herself, believe it was her fear of falling out of public favor due to age which drove her to such drastic action.
Right now, that thought rather nicely reflects the way I’ve been feeling. I’d be quite, quite glad to have never existed. I’m tired of being lonely and alone, tired of trying to strike up friendships, tired of meeting men who decide that despite how much they like my personality they are only interested in sexing me up or that I am not worth their time to talk to because they don’t want to sex me up."


The first image is a watermarked version of the piece that is for sale. The second two images are part of the progress of creating the piece.













Specify thin or thick



Scale, stretch, black, white?

No comments:

Post a Comment