Monday, September 26, 2011

Maudlin Thoughts In A World of Colour, The Wind, The Woman by Arletta

Maudlin Thoughts In A World of Colour by Arletta


Arletta

Maudlin Thoughts In A World of Colour by 

sigh I so need to get a life lol
Yes, sweet Anita, it’s him again.
Ran into some obscure little photo on a disk. Obscure as in I know I have seen it before, but, only briefly, and I don’t know where it came from! Nothing he sent me, anyway.
Nevertheless, it’s there, and it’s charming, and ..sigh Did I say that I needed to get a life? I did tell you that already, right?
This is being submitted to Hombres Fatal, which is one group that should accept all paintings and drawing, all writing, related to him without question.
………………………………………………………………………………………….
Hello
I just recently had two works rejected from your group ‘Strictly Human Faces’ and I don’t understand why. In both cases they are of faces, and they do not show the shoulders.
One is a made up face, and one is a portrait of a man I know.
They are both digital paintings, but, I see nothing in the rules that say they cannot be digital paintings, and I have seen work that is posted by other artists which appear to be digital paintings or manipulations; plus, I have had digital paintings accepted by this group in the past.
They are not realism, but, either is all the other work in the group.
Please, can you tell me why they were rejected? I am writing this to both co-hosts, as I am not sure which one of you rejected which one, or both, of them.
Thank you
It was I who refused your work.
I have been trying to help Anna with her three groups while she is resting from her pregnancy.
I am so glad you wrote, because I was going to try hard to find your work again and bmail you.
While I was moderating the work in Strictly Faces last night, we were in the middle of a lightening and thunder storm. As I was getting ready to refuse another piece (that was for sure not following guidelines of the group, we had a power serge and it caused my computer to jump..which in turn removed , your work instead of someone else s..this happened 4 times, when I finally just gave up.
PLEASE re-enter your pieces and I will go right in and accept them.
Again, I am terribly sorry..and next time i am moderating, it won’t be during a bad storm.
Bmail me back when you re-post those two pieces and i will go right over and accept them.
Kat aka Katagram
There is nothing quite so nice, on all of Red Bubble, as a Mod/Co-Host who listens and responds. And, by the way, both of them did respond, though I have only read this response so far. This is the sort of thing that would really make me recommend a group!
“Maudlin Thoughts In A World of Colour” was featured in ABSTRACT DIGITAL ART AND WRITING…about 10 hours ago; as of a beautiful June 20th, 2009 morning!
Favorite 

Tags

Comments

  • Anthony R. Plastino III
    Anthony R. Pla...over 2 years ago
    Wow – this was done from a photo? I Recommend that you share this technique! Very cool treatment. :)
  • Uhm, it was done while looking at a photo, and done digitally.
     
    It helps that it’s of the sexiest man on earth! Perhaps you didn’t notice, but, I assure you that it is so!
     
    Maybe it’s time I did another step by step, or something. I even belong to a group or two that is all about explaining digital techniques and such, step by step. But, I can’t really explain this one, as there was a lot of work put into it, and I wasn’t paying that much attention to what I did and when!
     – Arletta
  • linaji
    linajiover 2 years ago


This one, below, had 26 views, between when it was uploaded,on December 18, 2008 and today, September 26, 2011. There is more than one reason I left Red Bubble.

The Wind by Arletta


Comments

  • Anita Inverarity
    Anita Inverarityalmost 3 years ago
    This is beautiful x
  • Thank you. Glad you think so. I mean, I think so, but, sometimes it’s hard for me to tell if I am seeing something that way because it really is good or if it’s because I made it. You know? Maybe you don’t. Your work is fantastic all the time, from what I’ve seen. Anything I haven’t favorited is because it involves a subject I don’t want to get into or somesuch.
     – Arletta


The Woman by Arletta

Comments

  • amanda marx
    amanda marxalmost 3 years ago
    i absolutely adore this image Arletta . . .
  • Thank you for letting me know.
     – Arletta
  • Anita Inverarity
    Anita Inverarityalmost 3 years ago
    Fantasic- truly stunning babe x
  • Thank you. There are some comments that are supposed to go with this, but, they are currently lost; something about how it was inspired by someone elses painting. This is one of the problems of switching art sites in a hurried and unplanned way. lol I may find them again, one day, though; I did save quite a bit on disk.
     – Arletta
  • Rose Moxon
    Rose Moxonalmost 3 years ago
    oh just gorgeous arletta!
  • Thank you!
     – Arletta
  • piot
    piot8 months ago
    i like this one and the hair! i dont know what word best describes it but its sureal and magical
  • Those words work for me. Thank you!
     – Arletta

No comments:

Post a Comment