Monday, September 26, 2011

poor little greenie by Arletta

poor little greenie by Arletta


Arletta

poor little greenie by 

There are things that mean things within the design
However, much like the woman, they prefer to remain hidden, mysterious, unknown and in plain sight.
The media is mixed, starting with human flesh, human hair, human spirit, and co-mingling them with breath of life, non-human in origin, but inherent in the design; working onwards in all experiences, over years of time that shaped the being before you; a hair stylist was involved, but, quickly outgrown; and a photograph was made.
Later, there was manipulation, painting, regrets, refusals to continue, and finally, an ending. Then, of course, there was the writing.
Sometimes when I think of mixed media, I don’t think of just more than one type of material being used, but, I think of it as in the way of confusion,insanity. “I got all mixed up in my head, Officer Wiggums! I didn’t mean to ki…”
Well, you know ..
So, yes, the media is mixed, and not just mixed, but, downright barking mad.
Favorite 

Tags

Comments

  • ianez
    ianezover 1 year ago
    “barking mad”!! just the way i like my art! few actually incorporate “a breath of life” into their work, i love that you do!
  • lol Well, probably many do, but, most forget to mention it. Thank you.
     – Arletta
  • Juan Alcantara
    Juan Alcantaraover 1 year ago
    A Bowie fan … love his early albums as I love this photo, this is a great photo.
  • Thank you, very kindly. It’s nice to see you got it, the reference. I was wondering if someone would.
    – Arletta
  • Simon Duckworth
    Simon Duckworthover 1 year ago
    Great mixed media ! lovely mix, evocative picture
  • Thank you, Mr. Duckworth.
     – Arletta
  • bev langby
    bev langbyover 1 year ago
    wonderful image and yes what u say makes sense , let the creativity flow xx
  • Oh good. I often wonder that, about things I say. xxx Thank you!
     – Arletta
  • linaji
    linajiover 1 year ago
    Jan 2010 Happy New Year!
    STUNNING WORK ARLETTA!
  • Oh lovely! Thank you very much!
     – Arletta
  • kenspics
    kenspicsover 1 year ago
    A marvelous melting pot of mixed media magic fused with intense emotions and commentary!!! Absobluminlutely wonderful Arletta!!!
  • Thank you, Ken!
     – Arletta
  • Jono83
    Jono83over 1 year ago
    very interesting.
  • Thank you
     – Arletta
  • Marg Thomson   Photography & Fine Art
    Marg Thomson ...over 1 year ago
    outstanding! xoxox
  • (grin) Thank you!
     – Arletta
  • GolemAura
    GolemAuraover 1 year ago
    ouch… I do believe an emotionally heavy brick wall just fell on my head and all my anxieties were used as mortar… great Great GREAT JOB!!!! :) (Congrats on the feature)
  • lol lol lol lol Oh my … that’s one of the best comments, ever! lol Thank you!
     – Arletta

No comments:

Post a Comment